It’s awful hard to find anything bad to say about the ATK Crest 10 touring binding, but here goes: They are so dang light you might think your bindings disappeared! Except you won’t think that, because ATK’s italian engineers have managed to deliver one of the sturdiest, most stable-feeling bindings on the market despite keeping the total weight well under 600 grams.
The uphilling bonuses of the ATK Crest 10 go way beyond that featherweight construction, too. They feature three different heel riser heights, accessible with the flick of a pole and a redesigned easy-entry system that makes ATK’s bindings the simplest possible thing to get into and out of.
Normally touring and freeride skiers face some stark trade-offs. The lighter the binding the mushier the downhill experience, right? Wrong. ATK’s patented CAM Release System delivers unreal precision and stability heading back down even the gnarliest pitches and hucking the biggest cliffs you can find. A specialized heel design ATK calls Elastic Response allows your ski to flex like it should without any risk of an unwanted release when you’re ripping.
- DIN Range: 5-10
- Adjustment Baseplate: 20mm
- Weight (Pair): 560g (1lb 4oz)
- Color: Red, Black
- Materials: 7075 Aluminum, Stainless Steel, POM
- Patented CAM Release System delivers most stable downhill feel on the market
- Patented Monolink Technology toe design improves performance with less strain on locking system
- Easy-flip heel piece offers three climbing riser heights
- Ski Brake: 75, 86, 91, 97, 102, 108, 120
- Integrated Crampon Slot