The Mammut Barryvox transceiver is what any backcountry skier or rider must have when adventuring in avalanche terrain. The Barryvox is a digital three- antenna device that is designed for essential functions. With a large receiving bandwidth and an effective search strip width of 70 meters, it offers a simple interface and easy to use operation for skiers or riders to effectively search and find a buried victim. With easy-to-read display buttons, that can be operated wearing gloves, it makes search and rescue missions possible without becoming too complicated. This is a great transceiver for folks looking for a simple and easy to use device that lacks a lot of the bells and whistles and apps that more expensive and sophisticated transceivers have. For backcountry adventurers looking for a simplistic and essential functional transceiver, the Mammut Barryvox is a great choice.
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Acoustic search guidance – A tone guides you in the directon of the buried subject and allows you to concentrate visually on the avalanche field during the search.
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Group Check function quickly and easily checks the transmission frequency and level of devices to ensure optimal functionality.
- Intuitive visual interface provides detailed guidance through all search phases and an overview of multiple burial situations.
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Self-Test function checks that the device is transmitting and searching correctly on startup and provides ongoing send and battery test.
- Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked and unmarked in the event of a multiple burial situations.
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Includes Barryvox® carrying system with SafeLock which prevents accidental activation of search mode
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link
- Updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)