Ortovox Free Rider 22
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
All touring packs are more or less the same, right? Wrong. The Ortovox Free Rider line doesn’t just sport all the key safety and convenience features we expect from our backcountry saddlebags -- These packs also exhibit a specialized overall approach to suit big-mountain powder-hunters. True to its name, the Free Rider touring pack is engineered for minimum weight and maximum stability to help you tackle those tight, super-steep couloirs without breaking a sweat.
Ortovox’s main innovation in the Free Rider pack is an integrated, easy-adjusting set of control straps that keep your pack locked tight to your body. Where some larger touring packs aimed at longer days and tamer descents can create a swinging, loopy feel in the turns, the Free Rider’s compression strap system guarantees you won’t have to bend your style to compensate for that off-balancing weight.
The basic utility features of a touring pack are all here, too: A rear-access zipper eliminates fussy unpacking and repacking to grab items down at the bottom of the bag. The exterior has attachment points for poles, rope, snowshoes, and ice axes. A separate safety compartment is tailored for your shovel, beacon, and other backcountry essentials.
- Compact overall design
- Integrated, secure, and easy-adjusting compression strap system
- Rear access zipper -- No more digging for gear!
- Slot for inserting spine-protector pad (not included)
- Integrated helmet holder
- Size: 22 Liters
- Special, separate safety equipment compartment
- Integrated signalling whistle on chest strap
- Pocket and channel for hydration systems
- Attachment points for poles, rope, ice axe, or snowshoes