The Plum R170 is billed as a race binding but its ideal for fitness skiers or for those who are covering bigger distances like traverse skiing. Its uber light, tipping the scales at just 170 grams per binding. What also makes this binding unique is it’s built with a 19-millimeter adjustment plate, so if you are planning on using more than one pair of boots with this binding, this is your set up. Redesigned toe pieces feature smooth operating lock levers that have clear stops for skinning and skiing. The heel piece has a simple pin-cover flap for uphilling that can be turned sideways for flatter approaches. All pins and springs are made with highest end steel construction that are both highly durable and worry free. If your adventures take you far, you are a Skimo racer or a fitness skier who really needs to go light, the Plum R 170 binding will be your new standard.
- Materials: Aluminum 7075, Steel inserts
- Weight: 170 grams per binding
- DIN 8 Front toe setting only, non-adjustable,
- Lateral release equal to 8, non-adjustable
- Built-in adjustment plates let you shift +/-9.5mm, almost enough for 3 boot sizes.
- Toe pieces have a lever that is comfortable to grab and smooth to lock/unlock.
- Shortened heel-pedestal partially compensates for the adjustment plate thickness, keeping you closer to flat.
- 1 heel riser, height 41mm
- Heels can rotate sideways for flat mode, with the plates preventing a negative ramp angle when skinning.
- Notch-resistant steel U-springs and a simple heel flap are robust and replaceable.
- Optional additional higher heel riser can be purchased for steeper climbs
- Optional crampon, 40mm adjustment plate and race stoppers attachments can be purchased separately.
- Meets ISMF specs for racing and many people’s specs for mountaineering.
- Ability level: Advanced and expert skiers